In honor of ancient Chinese tradition, Scott Rodell has tasked the smiths at Hanwei Forge to create a practical training sword from the same materials as a functional one. This cooperative process resulted in the Sparring Jian! Forged from 5160 carbon steel, this incredible sword features a sturdy build that is designed for training as close to actual combat as possible. The flexible construction of this sword is based upon a combat-ready Jian, but features blunt edges and a rolled tip for safe training. A soft leather wrap covers the traditional ray skin handle for a comfortable grip. Sleek steel handle fittings add magnificent detail while remaining true to the cultural style of this incredible sword. Whether for discipline or enjoyment, the Sparring Jian is the ideal training tool for every dedicated martial artist.
- Ideal for training and sparring use
- Designed by Scott Rodell
- Build based on functional cutting sword
- Safe blunt edges with rolled tip
- Handle bound in comfortable fabric grip
- Sleek steel fittings
- Crafted by Hanwei
- Blade crafted from 5160 carbon steel
- Handle crafted from ray skin
- Handle wrapped in leather
- Check out our Sword Care and Maintenance Guide for all kinds of info on how to take care of your sword and keep it in its best shape.