The top of the chest is just as important as any other body part, perhaps more so. Protect your upper chest with the Polished Steel Soldiers Gorget. This streamlined gorget is ideal for the regular foot soldier as it is not overly ornate yet provides great protection. This 19 gauge steel guard consists of two pieces which bolt together on one side and close on the other with a strap and buckle. This buckle and strap allow you to adjust the fit. Premium leather plates on the shoulders allow the attachment of a gambeson, not included, to the gorget. The set includes brass pointed tie strings for easier attachment to other armour pieces or clothing. Multiple costumes and ensembles benefit from the addition of this armour piece. Wear this versatile gorget to a LARP event or historical reenactment.
Looking for the matching pieces of this armour? Create the complete look with our Medieval Soldier Outfit (OUTFIT-F26), which includes the Soldiers Gorget – Polished Steel alongside the other pieces of this armour set.
This item is handmade, therefore, it may vary slightly from what is shown above.
- Two piece construction
- Attaches and secures with buckle and strap
- Able to attach to a gambeson, not included
- Streamlined design
- Great for historical reenactments and LARP events
- Gorget is handcrafted from 19 gauge mild steel and premium leather
- Tie strings are made from brass and cotton canvas
- This armour will arrive to you covered in protective oil. While this oil can be removed, it must be replaced with another protective maintenance product to protect your steel armour from rusting. Occasional oiling is necessary for the proper maintenance of this armour. When storing this armour, protect it from oxidation by coating it with machine oil. For more on how to protect and maintain your steel armour, check out our guide on Taking Care of Steel Armour.
There are no reviews yet.