The advantage of the sword point over the edge became increasingly evident by the end of the 16th century. The Small Sword is a rapier, with its elegantly thin profile and emphasized point, based on the popular choice in civilian self defense that emerged by the end of the 17th century. Ideal for thrusting, this sword could historically be hung from a sash, baldric, or belt. This hilt is smartly functional with light knuckle guard to protect the hand. The triangular cross-section reinforces the stiffness of the blade, made of modern 1060 carbon steel that has been heat treated to a tough spring temper. Perfectly balanced and weighing only 22 ounces, the Small Sword comes complete with an attractive leather scabbard that features an intricately decorated throat and chape.
- Based on the historical Renaissance weapon
- Narrow blade has triangular cross-section
- Hilt features light knuckle guard
- Includes a matching scabbard
- Fully functional and battle ready
- Blade is made of 1060 carbon steel
- Blade Length: 31.75 Inches
- Blade Thick: 7/16 Inch
- Handle: 7 Inches
- Overall length: 38.75 Inches
- Weight: 22.6 oz.