The tale of Sir William Wallace, who fought for Scottish independence, is one that is well-known by many. This Sir Wallace Iron Claymore is a recreation of the sword wielded by this legendary hero during one of the more modern portrayals of his story. This altogether impressive sword features a solid steel blade with no fuller, and a diamond-shaped cross-section, which ensures that the blade is stiff, rigid, and powerful. The long ricasso is wrapped in leather, to allow for half-swording, as well as for an alternative grip to apply more force (or to pry the blade loose from foes that it happens to get stuck in). The cast steel guard features straight quillons for successful defense, while the long grip is wrapped in matched leather to provide a secure hold, as well. The scent stopper pommel acts as a subtle touch of detail to the piece, while also finishing off the swords design perfectly. The sword derives its name from the iron-grey finish of the steel guard and pommel. Size alone makes this Sir Wallace Iron Claymore an impressive piece, either to wield or to display, and for fans of the film or the legend at large, it is an equally great collectible to bring into your home, too.
- Fully Functional
- Based on the Sword of Sir William Wallace
- Possesses a Broad, Unsharpened Blade
- Features a Leather Wrapped Ricasso
- Has Straight Guard Quillons and a Scent Stopper Pommel
- Pommel and Guard Have a Polished Cast-Iron Finish
- Made from EN45 high-carbon steel
- Check out our Sword Care and Maintenance Guide for all kinds of info on how to take care of your sword and keep it in its best shape.