Crafted by master swordsmiths, the Shikoto Longquan Master Katana is made with techniques that date back to the Warring Period, over 2500 years ago. This hand polished Bronze Age sword is a magnificent addition to any collection. Each T10 high carbon steel blade has been hammer forged and clay tempered to produce a visible hamon line. Differential hardening gives these magnificent Samurai swords a harder cutting edge and a softer spine, which is the hallmark of a high-quality weapon. The tsubas and handle fittings are made from solid iron. The wooden handles have traditional cord wrapping over genuine, tea-dyed rayskin. The solid brass collar provides an attractive contrast between the iron guard and the steel blade. A black lacquered and polished wooden scabbard with cord-wrapping houses the Shikoto blade. Also included with each sharpened Japanese sword is a certificate of authenticity with forging specifications, signed by the master swordsmith who crafted the blade. The Shikoto Longquan Master Wakizashi (UC3192) is sold separately. The Shikoto Longquan Master Katana is created with the same techniques as those used over 2,500 years ago to create a superior weapon for a remarkable warrior.
- Fully functional
- Katana crafted using Bronze Age methods
- Traditional hammer forged blade with fuller
- Clay tempered with visible hamon line
- Certificate of authenticity signed by master swordsmith
- Sharpened blade made from T10 high carbon steel
- Tsuba and handle fittings made from solid iron
- Solid brass habaki and seppa
- Wooden handle wrapped in nylon cord over genuine rayskin
- Black lacquered cord-wrapped wooden scabbard
- Overall Length: 39.5 Inches
- Blade Length: 27.25 Inches
There are no reviews yet.