A Scottish tradition, the original historical knives were frequently worn under the shirt close to the armpit. Now it is traditional for it to be worn in the stocking of the Highlander, and the knife is frequently called a stocking dirk. The traditional name of this knife actually translates to black handled knife. Our Scottish Knife is made of high carbon steel and has a black wooden handle. Carvings decorate one side of the wood while the other is smooth. Embossed nickel silver fittings, featuring a thistle motif and a crown, frame the wood. A matching sheath is included for easy carrying and storage. For Highlander reenactors and those interested in historical Scottish culture, this high quality medieval knife is a must-have.
- Fully functional
- Has a factory-sharp edge
- Handle features cross-hatched carvings on one side
- Silver fittings feature thistles and crown
- Includes matching scabbard
- Great for reenactors or Scottish history enthusiasts
- Blade is made of 1055 high carbon steel
- Handle is made of wood with nickel silver fittings
- Overall Length: 6.56 Inches
- Blade Length: 3.25 Inches
- Blade Width: 1.75 Inches
- Blade Thickness: 0.18 Inch
- Weight: 2 oz.