Powerful knights in the medieval world require great protection from their enemies. Make sure that you wear this Round Ring Butted Chainmail Coif. This zinc plated coif covers the head and neck with round wire rings of 16 gauge mild steel. They have an 8 millimeter diameter. Butted together, the rings form a 4-in-1 pattern weave. A 4-in-1 pattern consists of four chainmail rings woven through another ring. The coif has a full mantle. Also, it features a square opening for the face. Butted mail has limited historical precedent but is fine for general costuming and roleplaying where strict construction authenticity is not a requirement. It is not recommended for weapons-contact reenactment. Also, it makes an awesome addition to many medieval costumes. This Round Ring Butted Chainmail Coif is great for historical reenactments and Renaissance faires.
This item is handmade, it may vary slightly from what is shown above.
- Butted in a 4-in-1 pattern
- Round wire rings
- Covers the head and neck
- Square face opening
- Great for medieval reenactments
- Made from 16 gauge mild steel
- Occasional oiling is necessary for the proper maintenance of this armour. When storing this armour, protect it from oxidation by coating it with machine oil.
- Head Circumference: 24 Inches
- Ring Internal Diameter: 8 Millimeters
Measurements are approximate.