Greaves are designed to protect the lower leg from the cut of a sword or the vicious kicking that occurred during battle. Although worn by many Roman units, greaves were not worn by all. Our replica steel greaves are based on patterns pictured in reliefs on Trajans Column in Rome and feature an articulated knee piece for extra protection. These greaves will need to be laced up. These greaves have metal loops that will accommodate your lacing.
- Classic Roman style greaves are great for reenacting
- Articulated knees moves easily with you
- Greaves have metal loops for lacing
- Great for creating a Roman soldier look
- Made from 18 gauge steel
- This armour will arrive to you covered in protective oil. While this oil can be removed, it must be replaced with another protective maintenance product to protect your steel armour from rusting. Occasional oiling is necessary for the proper maintenance of this armour. When storing this armour, protect it from oxidation by coating it with machine oil. For more on how to protect and maintain your steel armour, check out our guide on Taking Care of Steel Armour.