The handsome Practical Plus Katana provides a very economical cutting sword as dependable as the Practical Katana (SH1070), but it uses more traditional fittings and construction methods. The blade is forged and differentially hardened in the traditional claying method with a prominent hamon. The Practical Plus features genuine Same (Rayskin) on the Tsuka, with a wrap (Tsuka-Ito) specially developed for its gripping qualities. The long tang is double-pegged for security. The fittings of the Practical Plus are decorated in a Japanese Dogwood motif with dragon menuki, and the handsome Tsuba is of an iron sunburst design with a brass habaki.
- Features differential tempering
- High-carbon forged steel blade
- Includes a high quality katana
- Made by Hanwei.
- Blade Length: 27.25 Inches
- Handle Length: 12.25 Inches
- Overall Length: 40.5 Inches
- Weight: 2 lbs. 5 oz.
- Point of Balance: 5.5 Inches
- Width at Guard: 1.21 Inches
- Width at Tip: 0.9 Inch
- Thickness at Guard: 0.28 Inch
- Thickness at Tip: 0.21 Inch
- Sori: 0.75 Inch
- Specs will differ slightly from piece to piece.