Not all Vikings came from the same region, and so not all Vikings favored the same style of weapons. This Norwegian Viking Sword, for instance, has features of the classic Viking sword, as well as key differences that set it apart from the rest. Perhaps most noteworthy is the elongated guard, which offers a superior level of defense when measured against the typical Viking sword with its narrow guard. Hand crafted in design, this sword offers a great level of craftsmanship, featuring a blade of EN45 carbon spring steel. The blade geometry on this sword reflects classic Viking style, possessing straight edges, a broad point, and a fuller down its length to help cut down on weight. The wide guard, with its straight quillons, is made from cast steel, while the grip is wrapped in leather to offer a secure and solid grip when the sword is held and used. The hilt is finished with a rounded, nut-style pommel, which again reflects Viking style, but with its own little twist to make it subtly and appealingly different. If you are looking for a traditional Viking sword but with that little touch of difference that sets it, and its wielder apart from all the rest, then perhaps this Norwegian Viking Sword is the one you need.
This sword comes in two types. The regular version is tempered and hardened and features traditional shaping, making it a great choice for display or carrying to complete your look. The Light Combat version is tempered and hardened with thick edges and a rounded tip, making it suitable for light use in sparring and reenactment.
- Modeled After a Variant Viking Age Sword
- Features a Hand Crafted EN45 Carbon Spring Steel Blade
- Offered in a Regular Non-Combative Version and a Light Combat Model
- Has A Guard with Straight Quillons and a Rounded Nut Pommel
- Includes a Wooden, Leather Wrapped Scabbard
- A Fantastic Costume Sword, Training Weapon, or Display Piece
- Blade Length: 29 Inches
- Blade Width (Widest Point): 1.8 Inches
- Overall Length: 35 Inches