Outfitted in the John Oiled Chainmail Hauberk, you feel ready to take on any foe. This chainmail tunic is made of steel rings woven together in a traditional 4-in-1 pattern, making this armour ideal for medieval LARP and costume use. A 4-in-1 pattern consists of four chainmail rings woven through another ring. The short sleeves of this steel hauberk reach about two-thirds down the arm, and the length hits at about mid-thigh on most wearers. The rings are butted together throughout, then reinforced with riveting at the arm pits. The chainmail armour has not been galvanized or treated with chemicals, but comes covered in oil for rust resistance, so regular oiling is necessary to maintain its quality. Wear this chainmail hauberk over a padded gambeson, as shown, for best comfort and safety. Chainmail can be heavy, so you can cinch it at the waist with a belt, as shown, to help distribute its weight. A wonderful asset to the outfits of knights and other warriors of history and fantasy, the John Oiled Chainmail Hauberk will take your armour costume to the next level.
Please be aware that this armour is handmade, and it can be thicker than listed here. As such, it is intended mainly for costuming, light reenactment, and LARP.
- Hauberk features 2/3 length sleeve construction
- Length falls to about mid-thigh on most wearers
- Features 9 mm inner diameter rings
- Rings are woven in a traditional 4-in-1 pattern
- Wear over a padded gambeson for comfort and safety
- Great for LARP or costume use
- Made of 18 gauge mild steel
- This chainmail armour is pre-coated in oil before shipment
- Frequent oiling is necessary for maintenance
- Store by coating in machine oil
- Chest: 35.4-49.2 Inches
- Length: 33.5 Inches
Measurements are approximate.