The era of the long sword spanned almost three centuries (approximately 1350 to 1650). This, undoubtedly, was because it really worked! The Italian Long Sword, modeled after historical Italian sword concepts, features a distinctive cruciform hilt and a long, double edged blade equally adept at opposing both light and heavily armoured foes. The extra-long blade offers reach and leverage for powerful stabbing, cutting, and chopping strokes, while its long crossguard and heavy fishtail pommel are useful for hooking, striking, and smashing. The grip is made of wood and wrapped in leather for a firm hold. Fast as a frogs tongue the Italian Sword is deadly in a fight and built like a tank.
- Exceptionally high quality, battle ready, functional blade
- Inspired by historical Italian sword designs
- Long sword provides reach and leverage
- Hilt has curved crossguard and fishtail pommel
- Great for reenacting, combat, and training
- Blade is crafted from 1060 high carbon steel
- Wood grip is wrapped in leather