A popular Italian short sword during the Renaissance, the cinquedea name translates to Five Fingers, referencing the width of the blade near the guard. The Italian Cinquedea is made from expertly heat-treated high carbon steel. This elegant Renaissance blade features a finely engraved guard and pommel with a hand-carved rosewood grip. The high carbon steel cinquedea comes with a leather scabbard with an engraved steel throat and chape. This unusual weapon was often worn as a noblemans sidearm as he strode through the narrow alleys and walled cities of Italy. Worn exclusively for civilian self-defense, the cinquedea was a precursor of the side sword and rapier. Surviving examples often feature grand embellishments and ornamentation, yet the cut and thrust blade played a deadly role in the confined spaces where it was put to use!
- Based on short sword from the Italian Renaissance
- Features engraved guard and pommel
- Ornate handle is carved and studded
- Ideal for collectors and warriors
- Comes with leather scabbard
- Made of 1065 high carbon steel
- Grip is hand-carved from rosewood
- Overall Length: 20.5 Inches
- Blade Length: 14.5 Inches
- Blade Thickness: 0.1 Inch
- Handle Length: 6 Inches
- Weight: 28.7 oz.