In homage to the Japanese swords of old, the Imperial Wakizashi has been made using high quality, traditional materials for its fittings. The curved blade is made of hand polished high carbon steel, making this ornate piece a functional weapon. The tsuba (guard), fuchi (collar), and kashira (pommel), are expertly made and finely crafted in nickel-silver brass. The habaki (blade collar) is handmade out of nickel-silver brass, and the hilt is covered in same (rayskin) and tightly wrapped in the traditional style with black silk cord. A beautiful menuki (a small ornamental sculpture inserted between the rayskin and the cord wrappings on the handle) enhances the swords aesthetic appearance and makes for a sword that is as traditional looking as possible. The 1060 high carbon steel blade is heat treated to a spring temper, and its fuller features a distinctive mirror polish. This wakizashi comes complete with a black lacquered scabbard and a blue and violet cover bag.
- Fully functional and battle ready
- Modeled after historical Japanese swords
- Highly detailed fittings are made of traditional materials
- Curved blade has mirror-polish fuller
- Includes a scabbard and cover bag
- Blade is made of 1060 high carbon steel
- Weight: 25 oz.
- Blade Thickness: 0.3 Inch
- Blade: 21 Inches
- Handle: 6.5 Inches
- Overall: 27.5 Inches