No matter if you are preparing for Roman-inspired combat or a more modern battle, make sure to check out the Honshu Gladiator D2 Sword. This functional sword has a blade made from D2 tool steel. D2 tool steel is a high carbon, high chromium steel. This sword features a double-edged blade with slightly concave sides. A thin fuller runs down the center of the blade for most of its length. At the base of the black blade, there is a recessed section instead of the fuller. There are four cutout circles in the recessed section.
The Roman sword continues with a thermoplastic-rubber handle. Part of the handle is wider than the blade to form a crossguard. Meanwhile, the rest of the black handle has texturing to make the grip easier to grasp. The end of the hilt fans out into a fan-shaped pommel. Finally, the Honshu Gladiator D2 Sword comes with a black leather belt sheath. It secures the sword with a snap closure. Take this modern, updated version of a Roman gladius to your next reenactment battlefield.
- Fully functional
- Has a double-edged blade
- Based on a Roman gladius
- Textured handle for better grip
- Comes with a sheath
- Great for reenactments
- Blade is D2 tool steel
- Handle is thermoplastic rubber
- Sheath is leather
- For sheath: Remove dirt with a hard brush, then gently clean with leather soap and a soft, damp cloth. Remove soap with a separate damp cloth, then use a dry cloth to wipe away remaining water. Let dry naturally. Condition with oil or polish, then wipe with a final cloth to remove excess residue.
- Overall Length: 25 Inches
- Blade Length: 18.3 Inches
Measurements are approximate.