Literally translated as “giant knife”, the Grosse Messer Sword was one of the most popular weapon designs in Central and Northern Europe during the Early and Middle Medieval periods. Its simple design, resembling nothing so much as an oversized single-bladed dagger, made it easy to wield, making it the choice of villain and nobleman alike to protect themselves, their families, and their livelihoods. Our Grosse Messer Sword pays homage to that iconic design with a flat, wide hand-forged 32-inch 1060 high carbon steel blade ideal for slashing and cutting along with a 10.25-inch long handle that can accommodate one hand as easily as two. This full-tang weapon has two rosewood scales, a blued steel crossguard and pommel, and a matching scabbard made from leather-wrapped wood and matching blued steel accents. Coming in at a beefy 4 pounds, this is one hefty old-school weapon that will put a real hurting on your foes!
- Based on historical European sword
- Wide blade great for cutting and thrusting
- Handle sized for one- or two-handed wielding
- Includes a wood scabbard with leather wrapping
- Perfect for collection, display, and use
- Blade made of 1060 high carbon steel
- Handle made of rosewood
- Guard and pommel made of blued steel
- Weight: 4 lbs.
- Blade Thickness: 1/5 Inch
- Blade Length: 32 Inches
- Handle: 10.25 Inches
- Overall Length: 42.25 Inches