On a proper Grecian spear, you have more than just the spearhead. On the bottom of the spear, there is the Greek Bronze Spear Butt. Cast from bronze, the functional spear butt features a four-sided, pyramid-styled point. It mostly functions as a counterbalance to a spearhead on a spear. However, it can also double as secondary weapon on a spear. It also works well as an anchor to plant the spear into the ground. This is helpful for both support when facing down a charge as well as for a soldier at rest. The point comes on a conical socket. There are ridges at the top and bottom of the socket. At the base of the conical socket, there are two holes. These holes allow for attaching the butt to a haft, not included. The Greek Bronze Spear Butt makes a great addition to any reenactment or collection.
- Fully functional
- Has a four-sided pyramidal shape
- Features a conical socket
- Holes for attaching haft, not included
- Functions as a counterbalance
- Great for reenactments and collections
- Cast from bronze
- Overall Length: 12.6 Inches
- Spike Length: 8 Inches
- Socket Diameter: 0.9 Inch
- Weight: 1 Pound 4.7 Ounces
Measurements are approximate.