One look at the Gothic Sallet Helmet – Dark Metal Finish, and it is easy to see why the sallet was one of the more common helmets of the Middle Ages. Not only is this helmet protective, but also visually pleasing as well. Modeled after the classic German gothic style, the sallet features fluting and ridge work that enhances the look and strength of the armour. A rounded top with raised centerline further increases the defensive power. The bellows visor swivels up and down for easy adjustment, and possesses cutouts for ventilation. Metal lames appear at the back of the helm, creating a lobster neck-plate. The interior of the helmet features foam padding along with an adjustable leather chin strap. The helmet features a dark metal finish, which gives the helm a rugged, textured look. It also improves the sallets resistance to rust and scratching. There is a reason that this helm remained around for centuries. The Gothic Sallet Helmet ? Dark Metal Finish is not only appealing to look at, but also effective at keeping its wearer safe from harm.
Please be aware that these items are handmade. Slight deviations in pattern, color, and shape may occur.
To properly maintain your steel armour, always keep the metal pieces away from water and lightly oiled to prevent rusting. Occasionally clean the armour with metal polish and re-oil them. Leather care products must be used to maintain the leather fittings as well.
- Possesses a dark metal finish
- Treated with an oxidization resistant coating
- Features a swiveling bellows visor
- Completely padded and lined
- Customized fit with an adjustable chin strap
- Made from 19-gauge galvanized mild steel
- Fittings made from top-grain leather
- Lined with foam padding
- Care Instructions- Keep away from water. Clean with a metal polish and re-oil occasionally to properly maintain the armour. Use Leather care products for the fittings.
- Medium: Fits up to a 23 Inch Head Circumference
- Large: Fits up to a 25 Inch Head Circumference