Armor only improved as time went by, and that was especially true for helmets. This German Closed Bellows Helmet replicates a 17th century piece of armor that would have been the favorite of many warriors, thanks to its protective strength. The helmet consists of an all-steel piece with a rotating bellows visor in the front, as well as a median ridge that runs along the helmets center line. The ridge serves to enhance the strength of the helmet, while also diverting blows down the side of the helmet. The ridges in the visor improve its defensive capabilities, while several small cut-out holes serve to improve the helmets ventilation. The helm itself is crafted from 16 gauge steel, which provides a perfect middle ground for both weight and protection. The helmet features an internal lining and is fully wearable, either for costume use or reenactment. With its unique look and feel, this German Closed Bellows Helmet would make a great addition to any suits of German gothic armor you might have, or it would also make a great individual display piece once it was set up on a nice helmet stand.
- Modeled After a 17th Century German Helmet
- Fabricated from 16 Gauge Steel
- Helmet is Fully Lined and has Chin Strap
- Features a Working, Rotating Visor with Breathing Holes
- Combines Good Weight with Solid Protection
- A Great Medieval Display Piece, Costume Helmet, or Reenactor Helmet