Do you wish to become a fierce archeress like Katniss Everdeen? Make sure that you get yourself a bow like the Forest Runner Katniss Longbow. Made from hickory, this functional longbow comes in seven draw weight options measured in pounds. Also, the bow has three arrow rest options. You can choose between left hand rest, right hand rest, and uni-grip which means it does not have an arrow rest. The arrow rest will appear as a notch on the side of the bow. The notch has a black leather strike plate. Meanwhile, the grip has a contoured shape. Halfway down the limbs of the bow, there are black leather wrapped sections.
Inspired by the bow Katniss used prior to entering the Hunger Games, the bow has a deep dark brown stain finish. Painted onto the bow is the bows draw weight. The bow comes with its string, bow instructions, warranty, and a certificate of authenticity. This hickory longbow has a versatile design. You can use it for hunting or target shooting. Depending on the draw weight, it also works for cosplaying and reenacting.
If you will be pulling the bow string with your right hand, you should choose the right-hand arrow rest. If you will pull with your left hand, get the left-hand arrow rest. The uni-grip lacks an arrow rest.
This bow comes with a warranty and a certificate of authenticity. However, please note that while this bow is inspired by the Hunger Games, it is not a licensed product.
- Sold in seven draw weights
- Has three arrow rest options
- Inspired by Hunger Game films
- Includes instructions and certificate of authenticity
- Great for a variety of purposes
- Made from hickory
How to Find Your Draw Length and Draw Weight:
- To find your draw length, take your height in inches and divide by 2.5. If need be, round down to the next draw length. For example, someone who is 5 Feet 4 Inches tall will have a draw length of 25 after rounding down.
- The Draw Weight of a bow is measured in pounds and corresponds to the amount of force required to pull back the bow string. It is best to pick a draw weight that you can handle. All of the bows have a draw length of 28 inches. To match your draw weight to its equivalent in the 28 inch draw length, use the chart above. Find your draw length and weight and slide over along the row to the corresponding draw weight range under the 28 header. For example if you use a bow that is 47-52 pounds at 24 inches, you will use the bow of 55-60 pounds at a 28 inch draw.
- For LARP and Cosplay Use, the 25-30 draw weight is recommended.
- Overall Length: 72 Inches
- Draw Length: 28 Inches
Measurements are approximate.