The enemy approaches you and your fellow warriors. You do not fear defeat as you wield the Fetter Lane Saxon Sword against them in battle. Made from EN45 high carbon steel, this functional sword is based on a sword in the British Museum collection. The original sword now consists of the pommel and half of the grip. It reveals the craftmanship involved with creating the swords of Saxon kings and champions. This version of the sword has a double-edged blade with a fuller running down its length. The sword continues with a short crossguard. The brass crossguard has a three-layer design. The outer two layers have a silver-plated finish. These layers also feature a series of ridges along the sides.
Next, the grip has concave sides. In the center of the grip, there is a ridge. Intricate engraving adorns the grip. Then, the hilt ends in a pommel. The base of the lobed pommel looks like the crossguard. The center lobe is larger than the others and features an ornate design. Finally, this sword comes with a wooden scabbard. Brown leather covers the wood. It has a brass chape and locket. Also, there is a leather-covered wooden loop near the top. This loop allows the scabbard to hang from a belt, not included. Take this sword with you to your next historical reenactment or add it to a sword collection.
- Fully functional
- Has a double-edged blade with a fuller
- Features an ornate handle design
- Comes with a scabbard
- Can hang from a belt, not included
- Great for reenacting and collecting
- Made from EN45 high carbon steel
- Hilt is brass
- Scabbard is wood with leather
- Check out our Sword Care and Maintenance Guide for all kinds of info on how to take care of your sword and keep it in its best shape.