When you want a sword that is both elegant looking and functional for the battlefield, check out the Dragonfly Wakizashi by Cold Steel. Made from 1060 high carbon steel, this sword features a curved blade typical of Japanese style swords. There are two fullers on this blade. One fuller is narrow and ends about a third of the way down the blade. The other fuller is wider and ends at a quarter of the way down the blade. It is closer to the spine than the other fuller. At the tip, the point has an iris leaf shape, meaning that the tip is long and slender. This creates maximum cutting potential.
Next, the Dragonfly Wakizashi has a brass blade collar and then an iron tsuba. A dragonfly design adorns the tsuba. Then, the sword has a wrapped handle. Real ray skin covers the handle while teal green silk cord wraps around the handle. The handle also has a menuki. The menuki is a brass dragonfly. Finally, this sword comes with a black lacquered wooden scabbard and two sword bags. A teal cord tie adorns the top of the scabbard. One of the bags is blue while the other is a brocade. Take this functional sword with you to your next reenactment or sword practice. You can also add the Dragonfly Wakizashi to a weaponry collection.
- Fully functional
- Features a curved blade with an iris leaf tip
- Has a traditionally wrapped handle
- Comes with a scabbard and two sword bags
- Great for training and reenactments
- Blade is 1060 high carbon steel
- Hilt is real ray skin with silk cord
- Tsuba is iron
- Scabbard is lacquered wood
- Overall Length: 33.5 Inches
- Blade Length: 22 Inches
- Blade Thickness: 0.3 Inch
- Handle Length: 11.5 Inches
Measurements are approximate.