True to form, our Colichemarde Sword mirrors the Renaissance original with its extra-long, wide forte that abruptly tapers down to an acute point. The hilt features a decorative yet functional shell guard complete with finger loops. Its grip is completely wire wrapped and capped with a matching pommel. The Colichemarde emerged on the sword scene in the late 1600s during the decline of the rapier and the rise of the small sword. Its long suit was its uniquely shaped blade that was extra wide at the forte then stepped down or narrowed for the rest of its length before ending in a wicked point. The advantage of this configuration was it allowed the sword to be used to parry or oppose even the heaviest weapons without breaking, yet remain light and supple enough to take full advantage of its lightning quick point. Our president Lynn C. Thompson has long been an admirer of the Colichemarde due to its great versatility in attack or defense, so we enlisted the aid of our good friend Dave Baker and made our own modern interpretation. Feel just like a Renaissance duelist with this unique combat weapon in hand!
- Designed for training, reenactment, and combat
- Inspired by historic Renaissance swords
- Blade is long and narrow with an acute point
- Ornate hilt features shell guard with finger loops
- Pairs well with the Colichemarde Dagger, 07-88CLMD
- Includes leather scabbard with steel fittings
- Made of 1060 high carbon steel