Save the toga, nothing is quite as iconic for the Roman to wear as the bright red tunic. This Casual Roman Tunic creates the draped design of this classic piece of Roman wear, while also opening the Roman style up to a number of other great colors. The tunic, of course, comes in bright red for the iconic look, as well as in a few other colors that also suit the Roman style equally well. Made from quality wool fabric, the tunic is also thick and comfortable as well as loose-fitting, making it comfortable to wear in practically all seasons. It has a wide neck and elbow-length sleeves, and when worn draped across the body, falls to about knee-length. This Casual Roman Tunic is a must-have piece of clothing for any serious Roman reenactor, as it perfectly recreates the old style of tunic that was a favorite among all the citizens of the ancient Empire of Rome.
Unlike the toga, which could only be worn by Roman citizens, the tunic was worn by virtually every Roman, ranging from senators to citizens to soldiers to slaves and beyond. In fact, tunics were often worn underneath the toga. Traditionally, civilians would let their tunics hang straight down their body to their knees, while soldiers would pair their tunic with a belt to blouse the garment up so that it fell to only to about mid-thigh. One form of punishment even required a soldier to stand at attention with an unbelted tunic – essentially, an imperfect uniform, which likely invited mockery and gibes from his fellow soldiers!
- Made From Fine, Quality Wool Fabric
- A Long, Nearly Knee Length Tunic
- A Thick Wool Tunic with a Loose, Flowing Fit
- Features Half-Length Sleeves A Wide Necked Design
- A Perfect Touch to a Wide Variety of Roman Looks
- Perfect for Festivals, Fairs, LARPs, Reenactments, and More
- XX-Large: Chest – 50 Inches, Length – 41 to 43 Inches
- XXXX-Large: Chest – 64 Inches, Length – 49 Inches