The original pigsticker, the Renaissance-era boar spear was the premier piece of hunting gear to bring home the bacon. European hogs back in the day weren’t the cute little pink porkers you see down on the farm — these boars were huge, vicious, and extremely dangerous, and you needed a weapon that had the power to stop one of these tusked, rampaging beasts in its tracks and well before it got close enough to gore you. Our cold forged boar spear comes with a 71-inch long hardwood staff, offering you the reach to keep lots of space between you and your quarry, while the leaf-shaped 18.5-inch high-carbon SK-5 steel spear head with a pair of wing-like protrusions further down the shaft to prevent your quarry from slipping down the shaft and going whole hog on you. Arriving battle-ready and wickedly sharp, our boar spear comes shipped in two pieces with a Secure-Ex sheath for safety.
Please be aware that this item comes in two pieces. Assembly required.
- Weapon is functional for combat and reenactment
- Draws inspiration from European Renaissance designs
- Quality wood handle has stylish dark finish
- Includes Secure-Ex sheath
- Spear head made of high-carbon SK-5 steel
- Shaft made of premium ash wood
- Blade Length: 18.5 Inch Spear Head
- Blade Thickness: 2.5 millimeters
- Shaft Length: 71 Inches
- Overall Shaft Width: 1.5 Inches
- Overall Spear Length: 82.125 Inches
- Overall Weight (Spearhead): 20 ounces
- Overall Weight (Total): 68 ounces