The only things more terrifying than your dark disposition and your reputation of destroying every village you pass through are your large, foreboding shoulders, and that is all thanks to the impressive Blackened Georg Spaulders! These handmade, 18-gauge steel pauldrons offer a broad range of coverage, completely covering the upper arm, as well as a considerable portion of the chest and back. They attach to another piece of armour, such as a gorget, breastplate, or cuirass, via leather straps and buckles. These spaulders were originally designed for use with other pieces from the Georg armour set, but they can also be paired with any gorget or cuirass that features the appropriate attachment points. Ornamental riveting adorns their borders, giving them an authentic medieval look, and their black metal finish only adds to their grandeur. These pauldrons are also segmented in three places, allowing for flexibility. The Blackened Georg Spaulders make a fantastic addition to any LARP or reenactment suit of armour.
Looking for the matching pieces of this armour? Create the complete look with our Blackened Georg Armour Set (OUTFIT-M52), which includes the Blackened Georg Spaulders along with the other pieces of this armour set.
Please be aware that this armour is handmade, and it can be thicker than listed here. As such, it is intended mainly for costuming, light reenactment, and LARP.
When purchasing armour pieces, in order for the pieces to be compatible, it is best to stay within the brand.
- Displays a black metal finish
- Wide surface area covers shoulders, chest, and back
- Rivets along border add authentic medieval detailing
- Articulated in three places for ease of movement
- Perfect for LARPing and light reenactment use
- Made from 18-gauge steel
- This armour will arrive to you covered in protective oil. While this oil can be removed, it must be replaced with another protective maintenance product to protect your steel armour from rusting. Occasional oiling is necessary for the proper maintenance of this armour. When storing this armour, protect it from oxidation by coating it with machine oil. For more on how to protect and maintain your steel armour, check out our guide on Taking Care of Steel Armour.