According to Norse mythology, Aslaug was the third wife of Ragnar Lodbrok and the daughter of the hero Sigurd and the valkyrie Brunnhilde. Such a noble person requires a noble garb, a garment that has been recreated in the Aslaug Viking Coat. This jacket, based on those found at the archaeological dig at the Swedish Viking trading hub of Birka, fits loosely enough over the body to be worn comfortably with any Viking or medieval dress. Its sleeves extend all the way to the wrists, retaining body heat in the winter, but its open front, which can be held closed with a brooch, and its mid-shin length make it a great garment for northern summers, as well. The Aslaug Viking Coat comes in brown and red, and it makes a fantastic addition to medieval and Renaissance ensembles, especially those with a Nordic flare.
- Based on Viking womens coats found at the Birka archaeological dig
- Fits loosely over the body for comfort and flexibility
- Long sleeves are great for cool weather
- Short length poses no hindrance to walking
- Comes in different color options
- Perfect for Renaissance fairs and medieval reenactments
- Made from 74% wool, 15% polyester, 7% polyamides, and 4% miscellaneous natural fibers