The lute is one of the more popular instruments in medieval and Renaissance artwork. Why not play one like the 7 Course Travel Lute? Made from sheesham, this stringed instrument has 7 courses. Six of the courses feature two strings while the final course has a single string for the highest note. The sheesham lute has a body of eleven solid staves. On top, the soundboard is European spruce with a lacewood bridge. There is an intricately detailed and cutout sound hole.
Next, the sheesham fingerboard has eight nylon frets and four sheesham ones. At the end, the pegs and peg box are also sheesham. The nut is bone. The peg box sits at 135 degress to reduce the lutes depth. Finally, this lute comes with a black carrying bag. The 7 Course Travel Lute is great for anyone who enjoys playing stringed instruments or is interested in medieval and Renaissance music.
Please note that the recommended tuning of the courses is G4, D4/D4, A3/A3, F3/F3, C4/C3, G3/G2, F3/F2.
- Has seven courses
- Features twelve frets
- Intricately carved sound hole
- Includes carrying bag
- Great for early music enthusiasts
- Back, neck, fingerboard, tuning pegs, and peg box are sheesham
- Soundboard is European spruce
- Bridge is lacewood
- Nut is bone
- Do not tune higher than G above middle C. If pegs slip use peg dope or wax-less chalk to increase friction. Avoid extreme temperatures, extremely dry conditions, and direct sunlight. Use a dry soft cloth for cleaning. Changing strings every 3-4 months is recommended.
- Overall Length: 32.8 Inches
- Height: 5.3 Inches
- Width: 10.5 Inches
- Scale Length: 23.5 Inches
- Nut Width: 7.5 Inches
- Weight: 1.8 Pounds
Measurements are approximate.