The 7 Course Descant Lute is an ideal instrument for anyone who wishes to play popular music from the medieval and Renaissance. Made from lacewood, this descant lute has 7 courses. Six of the courses feature two strings while the final course has a single string for the highest note. The short-necked lute has a body of lacewood staves. On top, the soundboard is European spruce with a sheesham bridge. The soundboard has an intricately detailed and cutout sound hole. It features an ornate geometric design. Next, the sheesham fingerboard has eight tied, nylon frets. At the end, the peg box is lacewood with sheesham tuners. Finally, this lute comes with a black, padded carrying bag. This lute is great for anyone who enjoys playing stringed instruments or is interested in medieval and Renaissance music.
Please note that the recommended tuning of the courses is A4, E4/E4, B3/B3, G3/G3, D4/D3, A3/A2, G3/G2.
- Has seven courses
- Features eight frets
- Intricately carved sound hole
- Includes carrying bag
- Great for medieval and Renaissance music enthusiasts
- Back, neck, and peg box are lacewood
- Soundboard is European spruce
- Bridge, tuning pegs, and fret board are sheesham
- Do not tune higher than A above middle C. If pegs slip use peg dope or wax-less chalk to increase friction. Avoid extreme temperatures, extremely dry conditions, and direct sunlight. Use a dry soft cloth for cleaning. Changing strings every 3-4 months is recommended.
- Body Length: 25 Inches
- Height: 5.8 Inches
- Width: 10.3 Inches
- Scale Length: 19.8 Inches
- Weight: 1.3 Pounds
Measurements are approximate.