This 1849 Riflemans Knife features many design nuances of the first knife officially designed for, and purchased by, the U.S. Army in 1849. The knife features a big, stout spear point blade that is hand forged from high carbon steel. With such a big and strong blade, it is easy to see why it was chose as a backup blade for Civil War riflemen. A solid brass guard and gorgeous rosewood handle scales encapsulate the sturdy full tang. This knife is sold with a high-quality hand stitched leather sheath with brass polished fittings. You will be hard pressed to find a more beautiful knife that is perfect for re-enactors and collectors alike.
- Fully functional
- Stout spear point blade can oppose larger weapons
- Sturdy full tang construction
- Features a beautiful brass guard and rosewood handle
- Perfect for re-enactors and collectors
- Point of balance is on the blade, slightly above where blade meets guard
- Includes a leather scabbard with brass fittings
- Inspired by Civil War knife
- Blade made of 1085 high carbon steel
- Handle made of rosewood
- Overall length: 17.50 Inches
- Blade Length: 12 Inches
- Handle Length: 5.50 Inches
- Blade Thickness: 0.24 Inch
- Weight: 24.2oz.