The 1840 non commissioned swords was carried by American soldiers for over 70 years, a period which included the Mexican War, Civil War, and Spanish American War. The single edged blade has a single broad fuller running from the ricasso to near the point. The entire hilt is cast brass and the grip is ribbed. The pommel is global with a capstan. The grip is flanked by kidney-shaped hand guards. The 1840 NCO sword comes with a steel scabbard.
Made by Windlass.
- Cast brass hilt with ribbed grip
- Includes a scabbard
- Great for Re-enacting and Collecting
- A functional sword – battle ready
- Made from 1065 high-carbon steel
- Blade Length: 31.75 Inches