No matter if you are a mercenary or soldier, wear the 17th Century Morion Helmet upon your head as you march towards the battle before you. Made from 14 gauge mild steel, this helmet comes in one size. The helmet secures onto the head with an adjustable leather chin strap. It has a tall, curved crest. This crest helps to divert force and attacks down the sides of the helmet. At the back of the crest, there is a spot for attaching a feather, not included.
Rivets ring around the base of the helmet. Below the rivets, there is a 16 gauge curved brim. The brim historically helped to protect the wearer from downward strikes, falling debris, and projectiles. The brim angles up in the front and back. On the inside, the helmet has a blackened finish and an adjustable liner. It secures onto the head with a chin strap. The buckled strap connects to wide cheek straps. The cheek straps have multple overlapping steel plates. This helmet makes a fantastic addition to a variety of characters. Wear the 17th Century Morion Helmet to your next historical reenactment.
Please note that steel thickness may vary slightly due to the handcrafted methods used in the manufacture of this item.
- Distinctive, historical design
- Has a ridge down the center and curved brim
- Features a liner and chin strap
- Great for reenactments
- Wonderful for a variety of characters
- Made from 14 gauge mild steel
- Brim is 16 gauge mild steel
- Occasional oiling is necessary for the proper maintenance of this armour. When storing this armour, protect it from oxidation by coating it with machine oil.