This 15th Century Hand and a Half Sword with Scabbard and Belt is an eminently practical warriors sword with a hardy make and a versatile design that makes it a great choice for the warrior who plans to wield their sword in a variety of ways. After all, it is this advantage that makes hand and a half swords, or bastard swords, so unique. This historical sword has a wide blade with a fine taper, making it capable of dealing out quick cuts, heavy slashes, crushing chops, and even armour-piercing thrusts. The moderate blade length gives it reach, while the good balance lets lets you wield it either one- or two-handed Wrapped in leather, the wood grip will suit one or two hands just as nicely, making it great for powerful two-handed use and sword-and-shield fighting styles with equal ease. The blade is dual hardened, forged from 5160 high carbon steel, and features a fuller to help with its weight. The guard, composed of two thick, curved quillons, offers good defense for the hands and a solid striking point if needed, while the scent stopper pommel counterbalances the blade and makes for an effective bludgeon on pommel-strikes. The sword also features a full-length tang, which is peened to the pommel for stability and strength. This steel sword comes with a wooden, leather wrapped scabbard with an attached, interlaced leather sword belt, which keeps the blade safe and secure when not in use and easy to carry at your side. Attractive and practical, this 15th Century Hand and a Half Sword with Scabbard and Belt is straight to the point with its design, making it a fine weapon choice for any swordsman, whether for wielding in battle, for training with on the practice field, or for displaying in the home.
Please be aware that this sword is hand forged, and as such, its finish and its overall measurements can vary slightly from what is shown here. Also, be aware that this sword is made to be practical, tough, and hardy, and its finish, being hammered and hand forged, can sometimes feature marks from the forging process.
- A fully functional and extremely hardy sword
- An effective 15th century hand and a half sword design
- Steel blade is dual hardened
- Full-length, peened tang provides immense durability
- Hilt is wrapped in leather for a solid grip
- Includes a leather-wrapped wood scabbard and sword belt
- Blade is hand forged from 5160 high carbon steel
- Grip and wood scabbard are wrapped in leather
- Check out our Sword Care and Maintenance Guide for all kinds of info on how to take care of your sword and keep it in its best shape.