A crusader lived, or died, by their blade, so as you can imagine, some took their swords very seriously. For pure efficiency, a sword in the style of this 12th C. Crusader Sword would have been favored, as much for its shape as for its availability. More than just being readily available, though, this style of sword was also quite effective, possessing a guard big enough for defense and striking, as well as a blade suited for rigorous and heavy combat. This recreation features a steel blade that is made entirely in EN45 carbon spring steel, with straight edges and a rounded point. The edges of the blade are blunted. The blade also features a fuller down its length, to help reduce the swords weight and maintain its balance, without sacrificing strength or durability. The tang is fully peened. The sword features a cast-steel guard with straight quillons, as well as a round pommel with octagonal facets. Included with the sword is a wooden, leather wrapped scabbard, for ease of carrying, safe-keeping, and storing. This 12th C. Crusader Sword has no muss and no fuss, which allows the warrior who carries it to do all the talking. And when the sword becomes needed, this blade does not disappoint as a classic arm of the medieval warrior, either.
This sword comes in two types. The regular version is tempered and hardened and features traditional shaping, making it a great choice for reenactment. The Light Combat version is tempered and hardened with thick edges and a rounded tip, making it suitable for light use in sparring and stage combat.
- Offered in a Regular Reenactment Version and a Light Combat Version
- Modeled After a Traditional Cruciform Crusader Sword
- Features a Hand Crafted EN45 Carbon Spring Steel Blade
- Has A Guard With Straight Quillons and a Faceted, Round Pommel
- Includes a Wooden, Leather Wrapped Scabbard
- A Fantastic Costume Sword, Training Weapon, or Display Piece
- Check out our Sword Care and Maintenance Guide for all kinds of info on how to take care of your sword and keep it in its best shape.