Arrow nocks take a lot of stress, so they will break after some use. Each Long LARP Arrow (MY100753) comes with one replacement arrow nock. Here’s how to remove a broken nock and attach a replacement:
- First, if the nock has broken off partially, you will need to remove the rest of it. Carefully snap off the rest of the string capture.
- Then use heat to loosen the glue attaching the rest of the nock to the shaft. You can heat the area using a lighter, heat gun, or some hairdryers on hot settings.
- Next, make sure the placement of the new arrow nock will be correct. Hold the arrow as you would to shoot it. Make sure that the red fletching is facing outward.
- Before you attach the replacement arrow nock, make sure it will be placed so that the string capture is vertical.
- Once you are sure of the position, put a small amount of super glue within the arrow nock’s socket to help it stay on. Carefully push it onto the end of the arrow shaft. Wait for the glue to dry completely before use.