The Zoological Gardens by Department 56 makes a perfect recreation spot for the people in your mini Dickens or Christmas village. Made from porcelain and polyresin, this highly detailed figurine set includes two pieces.
One piece is the London Zoological Gardens gate house. It features tan brick walls. In front, it has a set of wooden double doors. They have decorative hinges and windows. Christmas wreaths adorn the doors. A lantern hangs over the doors.
To one side of the doors is a bucket sitting on the snowy ground. To the right, there is a shovel before the green bay window. The window has four panels with black grates. It lights up with a 120V bulb powered with a light cord.
On the ground, there is a pile of straw. On the side, the building has a hay fork hanging up below a window. The other side has a wall of holly vines and a storage box at the bottom. The back has another pair of large wooden double doors. There are high green windows on the sides.
The eaves of the roof have green cornices. The brown tiled roof has a sign in front that reads Zoological Society. There is a beige clock tower at the center of the roof. It has Christmas garlands. Patches of snow adorn the roof.
Meanwhile, the other piece of the set depicts an ostrich. It stands on a dark, greenish-brown base. This mini statue set looks great any little Christmas village or snowy Victorian scene. This hand-painted miniature zoo building and ostrich statue are made by Department 56.
- Introduction Date: October 2022
- Collection: Dickens Village
- Includes a building and ostrich
- Sign reads Zoological Society
- Highly detailed and hand painted
- Lights up with 120V bulb
- Ideal for Victorian and Christmas villages
- Made from polyresin, plastic, and porcelain
- Building: Height – 6.5 Inches, Width – 4 Inches, Length – 6 Inches
- Ostrich: Height – 3 Inches, Width – 1.5 Inches, Length – 2.25 Inches
Measurements are approximate.