There is no questioning where this Type XII Medieval Sword with Scabbard falls in Oakeshott typology. What really sets this sword apart is the unique combination of blade, guard, and pommel, which together form a truly distinctive weapon. Patterned loosely on the battle swords of the late 13th century, this sword features blade geometry designed to deliver both effective cutting and thrusting while also staying well-balanced and mobile. The sword blade is forged entirely from dual hardened 5160 high carbon steel and features a subtle profile taper. This makes it a broad, powerful weapon for cutting with a sharp tip that serves well in a thrust. The fuller also helps reduce the blades weight and improve control without decreasing durability. The straight guard provides ideal defense and a secondary striking point for clever wielders, while the brazil nut pommel adds some weight to counterbalance the blade. The wooden hilt is wrapped in leather and hides a full-length tang, which is peened to the pommel for added durability. Included with the sword is a matched leather-wrapped wooden scabbard that perfectly fits the weapons rugged design. No sword belt is attached to the scabbard, so you are free to carry it using your own favorite belt or baldric. If you want a classic and iconic sword to help you dominate the field of battle, or a durable weapon to take to the training grounds, then you could not ask for a better blade than this Type XII Medieval Sword with Scabbard.
Please be aware that this sword is hand forged, and as such, its finish and its overall measurements can vary slightly from what is shown here. Also, be aware that this sword is made to be practical, tough, and hardy, and its finish, being hammered and hand forged, can sometimes feature marks from the forging process.
- An intriguing combination of medieval sword features
- A fully functional and extremely hardy sword
- Steel is dual hardened to a Rockwell of 53
- Full-length, peened tang provides immense durability
- Hilt is wrapped in leather for a solid grip
- Includes a leather-wrapped wood scabbard
- Blade is hand forged from 5160 high carbon steel
- Wood grip and scabbard are wrapped in leather
- Total Length: 34.5 Inches
- Blade Length: 28 Inches
- Grip Length: 4.625 Inches
- Point of Balance: 4.375 Inches from the Guard
- Blade Width (at base): 2 Inches
- Weight: 3 lbs. 1 oz.