When the legendary hero Sigurd slayed the dragon Fafnir, he took from the dragons stash an item called the Helm of Awe. With the Helm of Awe Viking Drinking Horn, you can honor the heroics of Sigurd at your next feast. This functional drinking horn is crafted from a natural cow horn, granting it both uniqueness and authenticity. Its surface is carved with the Viking runic image of the Helm of Awe. The Helm of Awe Viking Drinking Horn makes a fantastic piece of feastware that is sure to make your next Viking feast a legendary occasion.
Please note that, because this horn is natural, yours may vary in color and size from what is shown here. The stand shown is not included.
- Features the carved Helm of Awe symbol
- Can be used for drinking
- Perfect for Viking feasts or medieval dinners
- Made from natural horn
How to Clean and Care for your Drinking Horn:
- Your drinking horn will arrive to you clean, however we still recommend that you thoroughly clean your drinking horn before use.
- Soak the drinking horn in hot water with dish soap. Scrub the inside of the horn with a bottle brush, making sure to get as far into the tip as possible. Rinse well.
- Fix the horn to stand upright and fill with warm water. Drop two denture tablets into the horn and let it sit overnight or for at least 8 hours. The ingredients in these tablets will provide further deep cleaning. After the horn has soaked, scrub with a bottle brush again and rinse well.
- If you desire, you can coat the inside of the horn with a food safe epoxy. This would make washing much easier and less time consuming. If you choose not to seal the inside, just follow the steps above when washing.
- Volume: 11-13.5 Ounces