The Scrolled Germanic Knife is a beautiful replica of an Iron Age knife. Its legacy stems from a culture existing before the Roman Empire took hold of Europe. Similar knives were used across Central Europe and into Britain. This historical knife features a straight-backed blade with an unpolished finish. Made from a single piece of hand beaten iron, the knife ends in a scrolled butt. The handle has a wrapped leather grip. This tempered iron knife is ideal for historical reenactment or display.
This item is handmade, therefore, it may vary slightly from what is shown above.
- Fully functional
- Iron Age replica
- Straight-backed blade
- Unpolished finish
- Ends in a scrolled butt
- Great for historical reenactment or display
- Hand beaten from iron and wrapped in leather
- For the wrapped handle: Remove dirt with a hard brush, then gently clean with leather soap and a soft, damp cloth. Remove soap with a separate damp cloth, then use a dry cloth to wipe away remaining water. Let dry naturally. Condition with oil or polish, then wipe with a final cloth to remove excess residue.
- Overall Length: 11.8 Inches
- Thickness: 0.3 Inch
- Blade Width: 1.4 Inches
- Handle Length: 3.5 Inches
Measurements are approximate.