Far easier to conceal than a katana or wakizashi, a small blade like the Rugged LARP Tanto makes a perfect companion for rogue or mercenary. Made from soft EVA foam, this LARP short sword features a fiberglass rod core with a Kevlar tip. It also has a latex coating for greater durability. The tanto has the gently curved blade typical of real Japanese weapons for a realistic look. Also, the tanto continues with a brass colored tsuba style handguard. The handle continues with a brown leather wrapped grip. Finally, it ends with a brass colored ring instead of pommel. This ring is perfect for customizing the blade at home with ribbon or mystical charms. Wield the Rugged LARP Tanto at your next roleplaying battle, cosplay event, or theatrical production. It looks wonderful with a variety of characters.
The Rugged LARP Tanto has an overall length of 21.7 inches. Please be aware that this measurement can vary slightly, as it is a handmade item.
- Historically inspired
- Durable construction
- Typical blade style
- Wonderful for many characters
- Great for LARPing and roleplaying
- Made from EVA foam
- Has fiberglass rod core and latex coating
- Latex weapons need to be maintained to a certain degree. We offer a Maintenance Silicone (MCI-2000) that can be purchased separately in the LARP Accessories section. We recommend that you use this silicone on a regular basis. It is an easy, spray on application, and it will keep the coating flexible, which will make the weapon last much longer. The maintenance silicone also protects the coating from drying out and helps the weapon resist general wear and tear from normal use.
- Store latex weapons flat or on the pommel, never on the tip, and in a cool, dry environment. Use a towel or sheet to protect the LARP weapon from adhering to plastic or rubber surfaces.
- Overall Length: 21.7 Inches
- Grip Length: 5.9 Inches
- Blade Length: 14.6 Inches
- Blade Width: 1.7 Inches
- Crossguard Width: 2.4 Inches
- Handle Circumference: 3.9 Inches
- Weight: 3.5 Ounces
Measurements are approximate.