The gladius is the classic sword of ancient Roman soldiers, and its varieties are plentiful. The Roman Mainz-Wederath Gladius is a German variation on the traditional Roman sword, carried by foot soldiers and centurions alike. The blade of this gladius is crafted with durable EN45 high carbon steel. It has the traditional spear point of a gladius, adding authenticity that any military buff or Roman war reenactor would love. The blade is unsharpened. The carved dark wood of the guard matches the sphere shaped pommel, the two features connected by a pale wooden hilt with ridges for an easy grip. The scabbard for this sword is a dark brown color with shining brass accents and two carrying rings for a strap. Perfect for display or light use, the Roman Mainz-Wederath Gladius is a stunning model of the swords used in close combat by the soldiers of ancient Rome.
- Fully functional
- Inspired by German variations of Roman gladius
- Guard, hilt, and pommel feature carved accents
- Includes a matching scabbard
- Carrying rings on scabbard for easy carrying
- Blade is made of EN45 high carbon steel
- Scabbard has leather and brass accenting
- Hilt is wood
- Check out our Sword Care and Maintenance Guide for all kinds of info on how to take care of your sword and keep it in its best shape.