Pulled from the River Witham in Lincolnshire, England, the River Witham Sword has intrigued historians for centuries. This stunning model of that sword allows you to own an iconic early medieval sword that is reenactment ready. This 1566 high-carbon steel sword features two deep fullers to help lighten the blade. As on the original sword, an untranslatable inscription reading +NDXOXCHMDRCHDXORVI+ is engraved on the blade. The sword features a typical cross guard, a wheel pommel, and a leather wrapped hilt. Included with this sword is a sturdy scabbard with suspension rings for easy carrying. Whether it is used for your early medieval reenactments or as a display piece for its amazing authenticity, the River Witham Sword is a historically significant sword that will be sure to inspire awe.
- Fully functional
- Crafted from 1566 high carbon steel
- Designed after the famed River Witham sword from the 13th century
- Features a traditional crossguard and a wheel pommel
- Hilt is crafted from leather wrapped hardwood
- Includes a scabbard with suspension rings
- Great for reenactment or stage combat
- Check out our Sword Care and Maintenance Guide for all kinds of info on how to take care of your sword and keep it in its best shape.