Napoleons cavalry was the bane of the European battlefield. While his horses were second string, his swords were absolutely first rate. The Napoleon Saber is a functional, battle-ready weapon based on these historical blades. This medium weight saber is a cavalry troopers chosen weapon. It features excellent cutting and slashing capability and still remains useful for a thrust. In fact, it was so popular that it remained in use long after Napoleons star had fallen and was wielded by both sides in our own Civil War. In its general overall appearance, it very closely resembles the United States 1860 Light Cavalry Saber. However, this design is slightly different and makes for a far more effective and durable weapon. The thick, moderately curved blade is forged out of 1055 high carbon steel and features a long, wide fuller and a very sharp, practical point. The grip of the 1830 Napoleon Saber is equally well made. It is wrapped in black leather and strongly protected by a stout three bar hilt made of brass. The whole package comes with a heavy duty polished steel scabbard with dual rings so it can be easily attached to your baldric or sword belt.
- Modeled after a Napoleonic saber
- Curved blade has long, wide fuller
- Grip is protected by three bar hilt
- Designed for training, reenactment, and combat
- Includes matching steel scabbard
- Blade is made from 1055 high carbon steel
- Hilt is made of brass
- Weight: 37.7 oz.
- Blade Thickness: 5/16 Inch
- Blade Length: 33.75 Inches
- Handle: 5.75 Inches
- Overall Length: 39 Inches