As the Vikings began to settle down in the late Middle Ages, their clothing began shifting its focus from function to fashion. The Late Medieval Wrap Dress recreates one such Scandinavian garment that combines staying warm with looking good. This short cotton dress overlaps in the front, allowing it to cover any medieval underdress without becoming a hindrance to your comfort. Its length stops just below the knee, and it is without sleeves, so your legs and arms can move as they please. Beautiful golden embroidery lines the borders of this dress, and its top is marked with a large hood for keeping the head warm in winter winds. It does require a belt to stay shut, which means you have the freedom to customize your waistband. The Late Medieval Wrap Dress comes in black, dark grey, and linden green, and it makes a fantastic addition to any medieval or Renaissance ensemble, especially if that ensemble draws inspiration from Scandinavian style.
- Based on Scandinavian clothing from the late Middle Ages
- Overlaps in the front of the body
- Includes a large hood for covering the head during the winter
- Features an ornate golden trim
- Comes in black, dark grey, and linden green
- Perfect for Renaissance fairs and other medieval reenactments
- Made of 100% cotton