A child of the Norse god Loki, Jormungandr is the greatest ouroboros. The world will end if he releases his own tail. The Jormungand Necklace is engraved with runes that read Jormungandr Miogarosormr, or Jormungand the World Serpent. In Norse mythology, Jormungandr is a sea serpent, the middle child of the giantess Angrbooa and the trickster god Loki. Odin threw Jormungandr into the great ocean that encircles Midgard, and it grew so large it could surround the earth and grasp its own tail, therefore receiving the name World Serpent. Handcrafted from fine English pewter, this Norse pendant displays a Viking style serpent biting its own tail, making the form of a ring. The ring is engraved on the front in runes and on the reverse with the serpents name. This antiqued dragon token hangs from a black leather cord which is adjustable by a blackened pewter slide fastener, up to 26 inches overall length. The Jormungand Necklace is a striking piece of Viking jewelry that makes an outstanding gift or personal accent.
- Handcrafted in England
- Displays a dragon biting its own tail
- Possesses a fine level of intricate detail
- Perfect with casual or costume ensembles
- Fantastic personal accent or gift idea
- Made from fine English pewter
- Pendant hangs from a leather thong
- Pendant Height: 1.8 Inches
- Pendant Width: 1.9 Inches
- Pendant Depth: 0.3 Inch
- Cord Length: 26 Inches
There are no reviews yet.