Expertly crafted, the Imperial Katana uses traditional materials for its fittings, and its blade is made of heat treated 1055 high carbon steel and polished by hand. This iconic samurai sword is as beautiful as it is battle-ready. The tsuba (guard), fuchi (collar), and kashira (pommel) are finely crafted from nickel-silver brass. The habaki (blade collar) is handmade out of nickel-silver brass, and each hilt is covered in same (rayskin) and tightly wrapped in the traditional style with black silk cord. A beautiful menuki (a small ornamental sculpture inserted between the rayskin and the cord wrappings on the handle) enhances the swords aesthetic appearance and makes for a weapon that is as traditional looking as possible. The blade is fully sharpened and made of 1060 high carbon steel, heat treated to a spring temper. The blade surface is then given a careful polish by hand, with a distinctive mirror polish applied to the fuller. This historically-inspired Japanese sword comes with a black lacquered scabbard. A blue and violet-colored cover bag is also included for easy and stylish storing.
- Functional sword has traditional fittings
- Exceptionally high quality weapon
- Expert craftsmanship pays homage to inspiration
- Ornate hilt displays spectacular detail
- Curved blade is heat treated and hand polished
- Includes a scabbard and a cover bag
- Blade is crafted from 1060 high carbon steel
- Fittings are made of brass
- Handle is wrapped in rayskin and silk cord
- Check out our Sword Care and Maintenance Guide for all kinds of info on how to take care of your sword and keep it in its best shape.