Those looking for a high-quality katana to use in competitions or practice should check out the Emperor Double Edge Katana by Cold Steel. Made from 1060 high carbon steel, this sword features a curved blade typical of Japanese style swords. There are two fullers on this blade. One fuller is narrow and runs down the length of the blade. The other is wider and ends halfway down the blade at an angle. It is closer to the spine than the other fuller. From the end of the fuller onwards, the blade becomes double-edged for the rest of its length. Overall, the blade has a tough spring temper as well as a mirror polish finish.
Next, the Emperor Double Edge Katana has a habaki or blade collar and then a tsuba. A dragon and wave design adorns the nickel-silver tsuba. Then, the sword has a wrapped handle. Real ray skin covers the handle while black silk cord wraps around the handle. The handle also has a nickel-silver menuki. Finally, this sword comes with a black lacquered wooden scabbard and a blue sword bag. A cord tie adorns the top of the scabbard. Take this functional sword with you to your next sword practice. You can also add the Emperor Double Edge Katana to a weaponry collection.
- Features a curved, partially double-edged blade
- Has a traditionally wrapped handle
- Comes with a scabbard and sword bag
- Fully functional
- Great for training and reenactments
- Blade is 1060 high carbon steel
- Hilt is real ray skin with silk cord
- Fittings are nickel-silver
- Scabbard is lacquered wood
- Overall Length: 40.8 Inches
- Blade Length: 28.8 Inches
- Blade Thickness: 0.3 Inch
- Handle Length: 11.3 Inches
- Weight: 2.3 Pounds
Measurements are approximate.