Aesthetically pleasing is a great way to describe this sword, but do not think that this weapon is just a wall hanger. The Black Death Sword with Scabbard and Belt is as eye-catching as it is fully functional and battle-ready. Based heavily on a gothic sword design of the 15h century, and featuring a focus on style, this sword features the best of both fantasy and history. Its fine detailing is worthy of a ranking knight or high noble, and its solid strength is what any warrior would want in a sword. The blade is dual hardened and hand forged in 5160 high carbon steel. The profile taper of the blade provides plenty of width for slashing and impact, as well as an acute point for delivering devastating mail and plate piercing thrusts. The hilt is long enough to accommodate two hands with ease, while the mild steel guard has a distinctive and unique form with two gently curved quillons that have sharp recurves at their edges. The sword also features a full-length tang peened to the unique, forked pommel. A handsome scabbard, made of wood and wrapped in black leather, comes with the sword. An attached leather belt lets you carry the sword in its scabbard with ease. The potential for powerful, two-handed blows and its well-designed blade make this sword a lethal instrument against foes both armoured and unarmoured, while the unique design makes this Black Death Sword with Scabbard and Belt an unforgettable weapon, whether it is wielded against you, placed into your hands, or displayed on a wall in you or your hosts den.
Please be aware that this sword is hand forged, and as such, its finish and its overall measurements can vary slightly from what is shown here. Also, be aware that this sword is made to be practical, tough, and hardy, and its finish, being hammered and hand-forged, can sometimes feature marks from the forging process.
- A fully functional and extremely hardy sword
- A historical Gothic sword with a unique look
- Steel blade is dual hardened
- Full-length, peened tang provides immense durability
- Hilt is wrapped in leather for a solid grip
- Includes a leather-wrapped wood scabbard and sword belt
- Blade is hand forged from 5160 high carbon steel
- Grip and wood scabbard are wrapped in leather
- Check out our Sword Care and Maintenance Guide for all kinds of info on how to take care of your sword and keep it in its best shape.