Both an agricultural tool and weapon, the Barong Machete is based on a popular knife native to the Philippines, where it is used by farmers in the fields and wielded by martial artists as a weapon. And now, it can serve in both capacities for you, too. The leaf-shape of the barong knifes blade is designed to lend weight to its every cut, ensuring that when it hits, it hits hard and leaves behind a deep, lasting cut that few will ever forget. This also ensures that it scythes through all but the toughest of foliage with ease. The leaf blade also features a fine point for carving and piercing. The blade on this machete is crafted entirely from 1055 carbon steel, and it features a baked-on, black matte finish that is resistant to rust. The grip is crafted in polypropylene and features the distinctive twist at the tip, common on most classic barong knives. Included with the machete is a corduroy sheath, which serves well in keeping the blade safe and secure when not in use. Practitioners of the Filipino martial arts will find that this Barong Machete will suit their needs nicely, just as those who need a good, solid knife will find that this knife fills that void effectively, too.
- A bush machete inspired by a Filipino knife
- Features a sharp, leaf-shaped Blade
- Blade delivers weighted cuts and excellent stabs
- Anti-rust, black matte finish is baked on
- A rugged and hardy machete for everyday use
- Blade made of 1055 carbon steel
- Handle made of polypropylene
- Overall Length: 24.5 Inches
- Blade Length: 18 Inches
- Blade Thickness: 2.8 mm
- Handle Length: 6.5 Inches Weight: 24 oz.