Warrior, your commanding officer hands you the 2nd Century Roman Spatha as thanks for your service to the empire. You carry it into battle. Made from EN45 high carbon steel, this sword has a straight, double-edged blade with two fullers running down its length. Next, the sword continues with a short crossguard. The crossguard has curved edges. It has a flat, brass plate on the blade side. Also, brass pins secure it in place.
Next, the sword continues with a brass and wood grip. There are brass sections on the ends of the grip. The grip has multiple ridges and grooves, giving it a detailed look. The handle ends with a pommel with the shape of an upside-down top. It has a brass end cap. Finally, the sword comes with a wooden scabbard. Red leather wraps around the leather. The scabbard has brass fittings, including a loop for hanging the scabbard from a belt, not included. There is also a round cap at the tip of the scabbard. It features an engraved design. Bring this sword to a historical reenactment or add it your Roman sword collection. It looks great on display.
- Fully functional
- Has grooves and ridges on the grip
- Features a double-edged blade with two fullers
- Comes with a red scabbard
- Great for reenactments and more
- Made from EN45 high carbon steel
- Hilt is wood and brass
- Scabbard is leather wrapped wood
- Check out our Sword Care and Maintenance Guide for all kinds of info on how to take care of your sword and keep it in its best shape.